Sunday, June 10, 2012

The D-I-Y Complete Superhero Party Challenge

First, let me explain how much I LOVE to do birthdays .... It is absolutely my favorite holiday of the year !! It brings me soooooo much joy & happiness to see people smiling, laughing & enjoying their birthdays. It is the one holiday that a person gets to enjoy by themselves & it's all for just them. I believe on your birthday you should eat what you want, get to do what you want(within reason of course), & you should be spoiled silly alllllllllll day! A day all to yourself just to do & enjoy the things you like , How much more awesome can things get right?!?!?

Now with my explosion of Birthday love out of the way. (LOL) Let me explain this personal challenge to everyone. This particular challenge began very innocently with a my adorable, very colorful son & I looking through the many pages of birthday themes on the internet. We went through about 20 sticking out our tounges & thumbs downing them when we strolled apon a RETRO superhero party. We looked at the page all the brilliant colors and awesome ideas. Needless to say he fell in LOVE with the theme, and I did too ! With 2 thumbs up we decided to do superheroes :}. After everyone went to bed I strolled on the internet on the different new wave of retro superhero parties. I fell in love with the most popular one of course. I began reading through the blog on the party, although it was very snazzy looking for a DIY as it was shown, they had actually purchased most of the DIY parts of the party. Then I began looking at I would say 8-10 other sites, they were all the same ! I realize there are parts to a DIY party that you just cannot do YOURSELF.... but come on it's called DO IT YOURSELF for a reason. The reason by the way is not to purchase the do it yourself part. SO here is where the challenge part came in.

I, Stephanie, challenge myself to a DIY party, truely doing it myself, just to prove it can be done :). Yes, I'm positive there are some awesome DIY mommies out there that have actually accomplished this also, but this was a personal challenge because I just want people to know it can be done AND I'm gonna share with you how without charging you !  Hope you Enjoy the tweeked compilation of parties into my own D-I-Y Superhero Party !!!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much I am a 6th grader and for English we have to plan a birthday party for my teachers 2 nephews and the theme is superheros and this came in handy. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing!!!!!! I agree 100% on the DIY thing! I'm throwing a superhero party for my 3 year old next month and this blog has SAVED me! Thank you so much! I will post pics when it's done :-)

    ReplyDelete